Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Closer to reaching my goal!

"You're running 20 minutes!  Isn't it great to know that you are going to reach your goal?"

Today was an interesting day.  A lot of stuff happened.

First of all, because I have been so thirsty when and after running, Marie suggested I drink something with electrolytes.   Never having been a fan of Power Aid or Gatorade, I wasn't sure how I would proceed.  Then first thing this morning, I noticed Kim had a Vitamin Water Zero on her desk.  I asked her about it and it sounded perfect.  It has 0 points and tastes pretty great (she gave me some to try!).

I had lunch with the girls and updated them on the "no smoking and running resolution."  Each time I tell my story it inspires me!  I hope it inspires others too.

And all day I visualized what my 20 minute run tonight would be like.  I knew where 15 minutes ended so I also knew that when I made it there I would also have five more minutes that would be downhill.  And I wasn't feeling guilty about going downhill because I had earned it by going uphill a lot during the first 15.

Matt wasn't able to go with me so I set up a playlist to try running with music for the first time.  The music was really great and now I can see why some people consider it "performance-enhancing."

So off I went and I DID IT!!  5 minutes walking, 20 minute run, 5 minute cool down walk.  Yes, I DID IT!

(And a bottle of Vitamin Water at the end was just what I needed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment