Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday morning run (and my own little pig)

I ran this morning and did great! I finished a 35 minute run around the neighborhood. It looked like rain but I didn't have any issues.

After a difficult phone call, I got ready to run (feeling cute in my purple and teal). I drank a couple glasses of water and ate a protein bar and was on my way. I was really excited to try my new breathing technique.

I ran around the block first and since the rain didn't seem to be a threat, I extended my route to go up Dana, right on 732, and right on Chestnut. I remember a day when that would have intimidated me. I would have been self conscious to have people I know see me but I feel like most people now know that I am a runner!

The new breathing worked great. I think it is something to continue. I love new ideas and how much I'm learning and can share with others.

I had originally set my timer for a 30 minute run but I felt I had more in me and ran 35. I even made it all the way up the hill on Sandra.

I'm not sure what made today such a success... being stressed from the call? plenty of water and a power bar? excited for new breathing plan? or all the excitement this weekend about the Flying Pig Marathon. I thought a lot about the marathon during my run. All the posts on Facebook and encouragement for people running in the Pig are very motivating. It makes me proud to be part of this great group of people.

I'm just wondering when (not if) I will accomplish the Flying Pig Marathon! Meanwhile I feel like I did my own little Pig!

No comments:

Post a Comment