Tuesday, May 14, 2013

On my way to 10K

"How good do you feel compared to only two or three months ago?"

I feel like I'm really on my way!  After running with Jody last Saturday, I know I can run more every time I go out.

So tonight, after taking Matt to the dentist and painting the rest of the door trim, I ventured out on a new route again!  I ran to the middle school and then by the Tri to complete my 20 minute run, 3 minute walk, 20 minute run!  And ran up the big hill on Sandra!

I read in Runner's World about running up hills and got a new trick... sign a song!  Luckily my final hill coincided with the "Lazy Song" which was absolutely perfect!  I leaned forward and looked down as recommended by my friend Jill and I made it!!

So I have now finished the week of requirements for 10K prep (week 9 of 14 weeks)!

And speaking of Runner's World I have read some really great articles and learned several new tricks.  One really great article was about the people who help make the Boston Marathon happen "Boston Marathon Behind the Scenes."  This article was obviously written prior to this year's marathon which made it more special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment