Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pirates of Penzance

Thinking I'm calling myself a "Slave of "Duty?" No. I'm actually referring to a quote from "Pretty Woman" but I'll get back to that.

My return to Cook Field was another success. This time I brought water (and drank plenty before) so I wouldn't get so dehydrated. I put my water bottle in front of my parked car so I could grab a drink while running past. My goal was to complete Week 7 Day 3 of my 10K app (yes, I updated my app to strive for a 10K) which required a 25 minute run. I'm almost back to where I was before my knee problems and I feel confident that I am on track for my race next weekend.

I made it for 25 minutes, all on the asphalt, but there was one problem. During the last couple minutes I started to need to pee. As soon as I finished and stopped running to slow down and walk the flood gates opened. Thank goodness no one was around and I proceeded to sit down in the grass and get it over with. Thus the title for this post. If you don't get it now then you must not remember "Pretty Woman."

Tomorrow is my 28 minute run although I'd like to stretch to 30 if possible. But I'm watching my water intake this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment