Sunday, April 21, 2013

5K Number Two - Red Brick Run

Today was the Red Brick Run and I am so proud to have run the whole way! I truly could not have done it without Jody's encouragement. Each time I wanted to walk she had me slow down a little and think about how good I would feel when I finished. Also leading up to today Matt never lost faith in me being able to run the whole way. He was always the cheerleader!

I haven't talked much about it but the evening of the shamrock shuffle I found out the course was off and was a little short of three miles, therefore not a 5K. So now I finally feel like I have really done it!

My time was 36:51.44 and I was 106th of 218 women running. I was fifth out of 16 in my age group. My pace was 11:53/mile.

And the very best part... My knees are fine!!





No comments:

Post a Comment