Sunday, April 14, 2013

Back in the neighborhood!

I ran yesterday in the neighborhood and it felt so good! I was nervous about my knees but was careful to stay near the center of the road. It seems my exercises and cross training are paying off! I'm so happy about it!

I am struggling with stamina and I think may be a breathing issue. It has been over three months since I quit smoking but I found the following information so it may just take more time:
According to the American Lung Association, it takes two weeks to three months for lung function to begin to improve after giving up smoking and up to nine months for shortness of breath to decrease. But regular exercise, a healthy diet and continued smoking cessation will help improve the health of your lungs and increase lung capacity over time.

I'm going to try to get back to running every other day but listening to my body. Next Sunday is the next 5K. Red Brick Run, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment