Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year! I did it!

One year ago, my resolution was to quit smoking and start running with the goal of running a 5K.  As I end 2013, I have reached my goal and beyond.  As I look back on my posts and remember all of  my successes (and set backs), I can hardly believe it myself.

I have run eight timed races for 30 miles and an additional 5K just for fun.  I have a box of bibs, two medals and several other mementos from the races.  I have wonderful pictures (included in previous posts) and even better memories.  I didn't lose any weight but I increased muscle, strength, endurance and am overall healthier than ever.

As I look to 2014 and complete my running streak (running at least a mile a day from Thanksgiving through New Years), I have decided to run more to train, increase my pace and possibly run some longer races.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment