Sunday, September 15, 2013

Another Sunday Morning Run!

I have been a little down because of knee pain but really needed to run today. We have a race next Saturday so I need to know I can do it (it is a little longer than prior races and my stepping stone to the Thanksgiving 10K).  Jody told me to try to run just a mile, so that was the plan.

The weather was beautiful, temperature in the mid-60's.  I ended up running a lot longer and further than I planned but everything was going well so I just kept running!  I tried to stay mostly on the asphalt because I know it is easier on my knees.  I ran along some of my old route where I originally started running.  It was really fun to remember how at one time going up some of the streets took everything in me and now they are easy.

So here are my stats:
And I'm thinking I'll be just fine next Saturday and will be ready to the Thanksgiving Day Race in November.  I just need to figure out who is going to cook the turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment