Monday, December 31, 2012

Day minus One

Today I woke up and decided this was the day to not smoke anymore. I dressed in my running clothes, put on my new shoes, and decided to get started.

To get my bearings for running in the neighborhood and not feeling self-conscious, I took Ginger with me, walked a brisk mile, came home and decided to start the app tomorrow. I now feel like I know what the neighborhood looks and feels like and how long it takes to walk around the big block. And since I've done it once I don't feel as self-conscious.

I keep remembering the things that the penguin says in the book about how supportive other runners are and I know that is true. And I really want to know that sense of accomplishment I see on the faces as they cross the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment