Saturday, December 1, 2018

Shoulder surgery :(

I have had shoulder pain since May, interfering with the Red Legs Run and races after that.  I have tried physical therapy, massages, chiropractor, and nothing has helped.  I finally went to the doctor, had an MRI, and it was determined I needed surgery to remove bone spurs, fraying and an augmentation of my rotator cuff.

With surgery on October 26, I will be unable to run for a while however my plan is to begin the couch to 5K program as soon as I'm cleared for running.  And I'm hoping the inability to run for a while will be a motivation to get moving again!

Meanwhile I'm walking about three miles, three times a week.  It is keeping me moving and getting in my steps.

I did have to miss the Thanksgiving Day 10K but that was mostly because Jody did not come down for the holiday and no one else was available to walk with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment