Friday, March 6, 2015

Visualization

I love this article.  It hits home on many of the points.

Make Every Run Easier

You can't expect to breeze through every workout, but here are 32 ways to make things go smoother

Published July 09, 2007
Media: Make Every Run Easier

Number 21 describes exactly what I do when I'm intimidated by an upcoming run.
21. Visualize your run.Skiers, bobsledders and luge athletes have this one down. They do the course in their minds before heading downhill. It helps them relax and allows them to rehearse where they're going. Visualization also works in running–both in races and workouts. Gwen Heist of St. Charles, Mo., visualizes herself flying over the ground. "I also imagine myself racing the Kenyans," she says, "and trying to match their smooth style."

So this week, preparing for the Bockfest 5K I have been reviewing the route and elevation and comparing it to my neighborhood.



I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment