Friday, May 2, 2014

Back in the... running shoes!

I'm fully recovered from my trip and am now back on track to run.  I skipped the Red Brick Run last week with Team Miami which makes me feel a little disappointed but the race was at 10:30 a.m. which was the same time as my niece's first holy communion.

So last night I ran for the second time since returning from Thailand.  I ran 3 miles which made me feel like my upcoming 5Ks will be no problem (hopefully!).  A little knee pain is telling me that I need to really hit the gym and do my PT exercises but I've done it before and can do it again.


Most of all I am going to try to remember where I have come from and that I'm pretty darn accomplished.  Sometimes I beat myself up for not doing more and more but I'm going to stick with 5Ks, throw in a couple longer races on special occasions like Thanksgiving, and be proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment